Sunday, February 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Asia-Faith

Today Asia-Faith turns 2 years old!
Labour of my Heart

"I would have given anything to be the one to bring you into this world,
have you from day one, but it couldn't be.
Though I didn't bring you here, still I laboured in my tears.
Through the long nights I prayed you would come to me.
You are the labour of my heart Child,
with all my strength I prayed until they placed you in my arms, Child.
Blessed be the maker of bone of other bone.
He made flesh of my desire and today I take you home.
You are the labour of my heart Child."
~ Author Unknown ~

~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS ~

We had a lovely day. We went to church this morning and then after lunch we went to the beach, well actually it is a recreation area on the beach that has swimming pools, places to BBQ, camping sites, mini golf, and live music - it is really great.

We discovered it yesterday, and spent the day there - the kids loved it! Asia-Faith went for her first swim with daddy in the pool, she was a little scared at first, but then got used to it and didn't want to get out.


The boys were sooo excited to finally find a place where they can swim - just in time for summer - so I guess we will be spending a lot of time there this summer....

Then this evening Nana and Papa skyped us to say Happy Birthday to their little granddaughter, and then all the kids fell asleep - wiped out from all the fun today!

Asia-Faith shares her birthday today, with Granny Mouse (Jason's mom), and it was Papa's birthday (my dad) on Friday, 23. What a month of birthday's.

This week has really been great with Asia-Faith - she is really starting to let her little personality shine through. At least she is also getting used to bath times, and doesn't cry anymore when it is time to bath.
Crying...

Crying no more....

She loves to eat and is definately NOT a fussy eater - she will eat anything - although she doesn't seem to like cucumber too much though. Out of all our children, she is the only one who sleeps right through the night - what a blessing! I just wish the boys would learn a thing or two from her!!! LOL

It is so wonderful to see how much she already loves her brothers - her face literally lights up everytime they come into the room!
Gotta love them!

Mama's little monkey's....

The timing of her coming home was really great (and it can only be God's timing and plan), because Jason and the boys had the whole of the week at home with her to get to know her and bond with her. Tomorrow school begins again.....

On another note, we had to buy another scooter, as we cannot go 6 up on a scooter, that would really be pushing it! So now I have a scooter too - boy oh boy oh boy!!!!




Never mind looking out for cars, or scooters going through red lights, what about the bicycles, and any other "moving object" (ie: 3 wheel scooters, wheelchairs, pedestrians, dogs, etc), coming from all directions!!!! LOL

I used to think driving in South Africa was risky, but at least you just had to be careful that no-one was jumping the traffic lights or stop streets, here in Taiwan, they are comming from all sides! And now and again you might get cut off from an old man pushing his wheelchair along - no problem! No road rage here (well I have hit my hooter a few times! Mostly at the dogs, as they seem to have no clue!!!).

Anyway, so I have survived my scooter episode - I take the two smallest with me, and I even have a little chair type of thing that fits on the "floor" of the scooter, between my legs, where Asia-Faith sits - it is really neat! And then Keanu-Storm sits behind me. When in Taiwan.....

No comments: