Thursday, February 1, 2007

The journey begins...

“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” Acts 20 v 24

Well, this story started a long time ago, (for me). I really believe that God planted the seed of adoption in my heart when I was a very young girl, and was slowly watering that seed over the years.

When I met my husband and we were discussing children, I let him know that I would like lots of children including an adopted little girl from Asia.
God knew the desires of my heart, which is why he sent me the husband he did! We have 3 beautiful boys, and we have moved to the other side of the world (we are from South Africa, but we are now currently living in Taiwan).

A little while after moving to Taiwan, I started researching the possibilities of adopting from Taiwan, however I could not find an agency to work with us as no South African had adopted from Taiwan before (this is what I have been told numerous times), and so they are unfamiliar with the South African law, and therefore unable to assist us. This did not stop me. I then found out it was possible to do a private adoption (without an agency) - the only snag is to find an "adoptable" child yourself, and not speaking Chinese, it was not going to be an easy journey. I had met a few families online who had adopted independently while living in Taiwan, so I knew it was possible.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29 v 11

I then met Deana Pan online while looking through various homeschooling blogs, and I believe it was not through coincidence, but through God. We started chatting online and I then mentioned to her that we were looking into adopting a little girl from Taiwan.

Deana and I had been in touch through these months and I discovered that they also had a children’s home, Morninglight Children’s Home in Taitung and I expressed interest in perhaps helping with fundraisers to help them raise money to buy a piece of land to build a bigger home.

I continued my research for months, joined many adoption yahoo groups, and prayed hard for months! Many times I thought it was never going to happen, but I would remind myself that God would not put the desire in my heart without supplying what was needed to take care of it.

“Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me.” Psalms 55 v 1 & 2


Adoptions start in Heaven.....

God plans adoptions from Heaven,
And he searches the world...... you see,
For people who long to be parents,
People like Daddy and me.

Then, in His own time, He answers,
The prayer they've been praying so long,
And He finds a child who is waiting
To fill their hearts with a song!

You are the child who we prayed for,
So special, so precious, so sweet!
The one who we'll cherish forever
The one who makes our life complete!

~ Genie Graveline ~


No comments: