Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

Asia-Faith has been with us now for 27 hours. She is really a lovely little girl. Her brothers dote on her, and absolutely adore her!

Today we took a walk with her in her new "pink" pushchair (I finally have pink!). She fell asleep on our way to Church. We didn't make it for the service (we were taking a slow morning with Asia-Faith), but we did make it to wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year. They all say she is so beautiful (of course!), and then the pastor and a few friends all prayed for her (she slept through the whole thing!).

We then came home and I made 2 minute noodles and cheese for lunch - she loved it! Loves to feed herself and I have been told that she will just keep on eating as long as food is in front of her! LOL

Nana and Papa (my mom and dad), called on Skype to meet their new granddaughter! They got to see her and the boys interacting, while all 3 boys were trying to hold her bottle for her! I tell you she is going to have them at her beck and call!!! Needless to say Nana and Papa think she is adorable too, and now want to know when we are coming back to South Africa!

Jason was then going out with the boys (she was going to have a nap), but as soon as she saw them heading out the door, she sat up, pointed to where her shoes and pram are, signalling she wanted to go with! So her and I just rode down in the elevator with her (she seemed to be happy with that, and even waved goodbye to daddy and her brothers!). She then played for a little while and then had the rest of her bottle and fell asleep - such an angel.








"Some would gather money, along the path of life.

Some would gather roses, And rest from worldly strife.

But I would gather children from among the thorns of sin,

I would seek a little child with a big toothless grin.

For money cannot enter into the land of endless day,

And the roses that are gathered soon will wilt away.

But oh, the laughing children, as I cross the sunset sea,

And the gates swing wide to Heaven, I can take them in with me."
~Author Unknown~

No comments: