Saturday, February 3, 2007

The call....

On 2nd February 2007, I opened my email to find a message reading “ok, are you ready”, from Deana. My first thought was she had a big fundraiser planned!

Instead, it was a message saying they knew of a little girl who was available for adoption!

I immediately tried to call her, however I couldn’t get through (in all the excitement I had forgotten to dial the area code!). Eventually I got through, and we chatted and I said “yes” we were definitely interested!

Then she told me that if we were committed, she could be home with us by Chinese New Year! (which was only 2 weeks away), and that would mean she would be with us to celebrate her 2nd birthday (25 February).

“I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.” 1 Samuel 1 v 27

A few days passed, with no news. Eventually we were told that we could come to Taitung and fetch her on Saturday, 17 February!


We were all a bit concerned that we would not get train tickets as it was Chinese New Year! Never fear when God is near!!! It just so happens that when we went to book the tickets on Thursday morning, there were only 2 tickets left to Taitung (and we were a family of 5) on Saturday morning, 17 February! That could only be God!!! - no problem - we will take them and take turns sitting!!!

Guess what else??? The carriages are seperate - one was carriage 3 and one was carriage 8 (so we would be separated for the 2hr train ride - no problem!). Turns out we have a wonderful friend, Jack, who accompanied us to the station, and managed to get someone to swop a ticket with us so that we were at least in the same carriage, and then someone else swopped tickets again so we could have 2 seats next to each other - how awesome is that? God is good!

So on 17 February our family of 5 was going to be a family of 6!!!

Child Of Mine

I haven't met you yet or seen your little face,
but in my heart you hold a very special place.
My hopes grow with each passing day,
even though you're miles away.
I know you're there waiting for me,
as I am here waiting to see,
the child God has sent from above,
to make me a mother and share all of my love.

~ Author Unknown ~

No comments: