Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WE HAVE OUR FINAL DECREE!!!!

Did you hear me?????

Asia-Faith is now officially, finally, without a question... OURS!!!!


Jason called me at lunchtime to let me know our landlord in Yilan had called him to say some documents had arrived yesterday and she was forwarding them on to us in Hsinchu.

I called Deana (http://mlchome.org) to let her know that I should be receiving them at least by Friday....and then shortly after that our new landlord knocked on my door with some mail for us...I immediately opened it up and since it was in Chinese asked her to read it for me...just to make sure it was the final decree and not a letter saying they need more info...and true enough...IT IS OUR FINAL DECREE!!!

So one year, 6 months, 2 weeks and 3 days later...she is ours, although she has always been ours in our hearts and in our minds...but it is just great to know that legally, on paper, she is ours!

The paper chase is not yet over....there are still a few things to be done, such as remove her from her current household registry, apply for her Taiwanese passport, and then apply for South African citizenship and passport....let the fun begin!

2 comments:

R... said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

R...
http://littletatertot.blogspot.com

Sarah k said...

YES!!! I heard you all the way from Taiwan hon!!! LOL... You need to email me where you are now so I can maybe come and visit you guys with Jo!!!!