Friday, November 9, 2007

We have a court date!!!

Well, we have finally received a court date! We got our notification from the courts on Monday that we are to appear in court next week Thursday, 15 November, at 11:20am. We are so thrilled to finally be entering the courts! Fortunately, during our Chinese tutoring on Tuesday evening, I asked our tutor to please translate the document from the court for us, and she told us that the court needs a copy of the South African adoption law AND translated into Chinese!!! This sent me into a tailspin...nosedive....panic attack....

So I had to go through my archives...files....emails......folders.....everything I have on record, and then I contacted a friend I met through my internet searches on adoption, who happens to be an adoption lawyer in the USA, but familiar with SA law, and she happened to have what I needed! Then it was trying to find a translator at such short notice - then the question - does it need to be a qualified/certified translator or not??? Well, lots of friends offered their support in finding people to translate and such, and then Deana mailed me with a contact in Taipei who is a certified translator and can get the document to me within 2 days! (at a fee of course), but at least it will be done in time for court!

So the headache I have is lifting and the knot in my stomach is slowly undoing itself!

I was so worried that the document would not be done in time and we might have had to postpone the date!

But, alas all is well, and we plan on leaving on Wednesday evening by train, which takes about 4 hours, and then we will be in court on Thursday at 11:20am. We also have a translator, Linda, who will be meeting us at the station and assisting us in court.

So please keep us in your prayers that all goes smoothly!

Enjoy the pics.....





Mommy did our nails....






Can you tell she has older brothers?










2 comments:

Taiwankido2 said...

Awesome! Awesome!!! I am praying for you guys! I hope that your trip goes well too! So, will you have to do more court after this one like normal overseas adoption in Taiwan or is it different?

Ann said...

Where have I been. Oh yeah, your old blog used to do this weird thing on my computer. I'm so glad that I found you again. So I had a lot of catching up to do. Asia has gotten so big and I love the pictures of her with the play gun. Yes, you can tell she has big brothers, but oh so cute. I'm so happy that you have FINALLY gotten a court date. It's been way too long.